 Robotics / 947
    RE: legOS (-> Interdisciplinary Learning?) —Vaan, Howard
   Funnily enough, my first degree was philosophy. It was quite a lift to see a Papert quote printed on a box of Lego! The VB SDK that Lego provide might be OK for a non-technical undergraduate class, although I'd hesitate to introduce nasty MS VB as a (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: legOS (-> Interdisciplinary Learning?) —Stefano Franchi
     (...) Jerry Bell wrote me that someone has managed to interface Dolphin Smalltalk to the RCX. It is just too bad that Stanford is Mac based and Dolphin Smalltalk is Windows only. I didn't have a specific version of Smalltalk in mind when I wrote the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS (-> Interdisciplinary Learning?) —Andy Bower
     Folks, (...) what (...) feel (...) There is a Smalltalk (note the small 't') interface to MindStorms and Cybermaster. It's called Bot-Kit and you can find it at my web page: (URL) It's free but requires Dolphin Smalltalk (Win32 only) which costs (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS (-> Interdisciplinary Learning?) —Stefano Franchi
   Andy, if my plans for a RCX-based come to fruition (i.e. I get the funds, etc) I may try to write a RCX interface in Squeak's version of Smalltalk. Would you be interested in sharing the knowledge you have gained from your Bot-Kit project? Or is it (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)