 Robotics / 9457
    Question regarding motors —Bryan Wong
   In regards to the two motors included in the standard Mindstorms set, is it possible for one to turn faster than the other? I think I may be experiencing that... Any answers would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Bryan (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Wireless Video Robot —Rich Thompson
     I have updated www.marsrobot.com with information on my wireless video robot. The direct link is (URL) I have also changed the format of MarsRobot in the past few weeks to include a daily news weblog of robotics and Lego links. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Wireless Video Robot —Mike Kory
     I used a similar set up and attached the camera sender to a Scout with the Scout running one of its built in programs. For power I went to Radio Shack and bought a 8 battery holder (#270-3878 with #270-325 9V snap connectors) and an adapter (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Question regarding motors —Jim West
     The short answer is yes. The motors are not equal. You'll see designs using just one motor for the drive train for this reason. I'm in the process of toying with two rotation/angle sensors, one on each motor to see if I can programmatically synch (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Question regarding motors —Alex Nicolaou
      (...) Why not just sync the two motors with a the differential provided in the kit? Or do you want the motors in sync but driving separate axles? thanks, alex (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Question regarding motors —Jim West
     (...) The latter. I just want to see if I can do this. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Question regarding motors —James Powell
     (...) Yes, it is perfectly possible. There shouldn't be a huge difference, but small ones are quite possible, and annoying if using the motors to power a vehicle. James Powell (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Question regarding motors —Terry King
   Bryan, many of us have noticed small to larger differences in the motor characteristics. Unfortunately difficult to compensate for... If you are lucky enough to have 3 or 4 motors you can try to 'match' them. Anyone else have suggestions?? (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Question regarding motors —Mauro Vianna
   I had the same problems and I thought about some possible solutions (not succesfully implemented yet. I'm new on this :-). Just to remember the problem (I hope it's still the original one): Rotate 2 axles in sync when in the same direction, and be (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)