 Robotics / 9421
    Re: On the subject of gluing —Jean-marc Détraz
   Hello there, It looks like it would be very easy to ask the master builders of TLC or TLC themself of what kind of glue they use to build their model. And they use also a hammer to seal the pieces together. I don't know where to write them about (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: On the subject of gluing —John Gerlach
   (...) John Kelly is more experienced with this than I am, but I did spend a few hours in the model shop once... :-) The 'glue' is MEK: Methyl Ethyl Keytone. (Spelling?) Very nasty stuff, dangerous fumes, etc. Vent fans are placed within about a foot (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: On the subject of gluing —James Powell
    (...) The fans are to meet OSHA guidelines, but I would -not- recommend working with the stuff in a enclosed space. It is dammed potent stuff... (...) That, or Slaters (UK) make MEK_PAK, which works great, or laccure(sp) thinner is also MEK. You (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)