 Robotics / 9357
  Minimum system requirements for Inventor 1.5

We have two children we are considering getting the Inventors kit for. Unfortunately, we only have a P-90 processor. E-mails and calls to the company only give the party line that nothing has been tested with less than a P-166. What do real world (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Minimum system requirements for Inventor 1.5

(...) Geoff - Fear not! Most of the processor-hungry portions of the application are in the intro portions and the video demos that are included in the prefixes to the actual code generation. I've installed mine on a 486 machine, and I disabled all (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Minimum system requirements for Inventor 1.5

(...) It'll work, but slowly. If you feel like your kids are ready for it, you may want to try NQC, which will run on very minimal hardware. (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Minimum system requirements for Inventor 1.5

I have the RIS Software on several 486's at school. As mentioned, the Tutorial stuff is real slow. The Drag&Drop programming is OK; the 'flip over' a block is noticeably slower than on a fast machine. NQC and RcxCC work fine. If your kids are about (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)