 Robotics / 9276
    Re: First Lego League Software —Matthew Miller
   (...) Why not? I was writing BASIC programs when I was in that age bracket, and I'm sure lots of other people were too. NQC isn't much harder, if at all. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: First Lego League Software —Jack Gregory
    Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn862e08.vrj.....bu.edu... (...) Well, I worked with 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, after school, and with limited computer resources, and believe me, we barely could get time to deal with RCX (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: First Lego League Software —Matthew Miller
   (...) Well, not to get into "well, when I was a boy" :) but I was in third grade when I started BASIC programming. I didn't have a computer at home; just access to the one Apple ][+ in my classroom at school. I'm not bragging or anything -- while I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: First Lego League Software —Andy Gombos
   I suppose it all comes down to what the kids can understand. If they all have prior programming experience, then they could probably use NQC, and think that RCX code is a piece of trash. But if they are not experienced in programming then it would (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)