 Robotics / 9224
9223  |  9225
Subject:
Lucky Canadians - Upgrade arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 23:32:16 GMT

Hi All,

My 1.5 upgrade just arrived after a long 18 day wait. It was completely free
- even the shipping. When I phoned the American 1-800 number the first thing
they did was ask for my credit card number. When they realized I was
Canadian, they gave me the 1-800 number for Canada, and all they asked for
was my address, and confirmation that I had the 1.0 set :-)

The upgrade included the following:
- 1.5 constructopedia
- 3 elastics - yahoo!
- A new CD & user guide
- A new 1.5 testpad
- 60 new pieces (over 1/2 ? aren't found in the original 1.0 sets)

For me the upgrade is definitely worth it (if you have the 1.0 set). The
constructopedia alone looks worth the retail upgrade price. Of course I'm
only renewing my interest in Lego after a 15 year absence, so I'm short on
parts of all sorts.

Not much info in this message, but I thought those waiting for the upgrade
might like to know some details about what's
inside.

Now...what to do with that stupid little white gear. I guess I can always
throw it out ;-)

For Canadian shoppers only:

A good deal for basic (non-Technic) parts (that aren't just all basic
blocks), is in Canadian Wall-Mart stores. It's a 400 piece set for $18 Cdn -
around $12US - I forget the set number, but I think it was 1800 something, &
came with a tray with 2 storage slots.
Wal-Mart also sells a 2400 basic block set for $24 Cdn, which I thought was
a great deal to bring up my brick count.

I'll let you all know about a good deal on a Technics set, after Christmas.
I want to make sure there's some available, just in case I didn't get that
extra motor I was hoping for :-)

Mark Geddes
AudeSi Technologies Inc.