 Robotics / 9190
  Installation error on New RIS 1.5

Anybody else seen something like this?? I had previously installed the 1.0 CD on my typical WIN95 system: 200Mhz IBM/Cyrix (Pentiumish) CPU, 64 Meg Memory, etc etc, and an ATI Ultra Pro PCI graphics adapter. Yesterday I got a 1.5 MindStorms and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Installation error on New RIS 1.5

(...) The big defference in 'code' terms between RCX1, and 1.5, is that the latter requires DirectX 6.1, and installs it if you haven't allready got this. I have seen a couple of allmost identical faults, when upgradeing machines to DX6.1, so I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Installation error on New RIS 1.5

Roger, thanks for the DirectX pointer; I will try to follow this up with ATI first... (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Installation error on New RIS 1.5

(...) Try microsoft.com... there's directx 7.0, which might help Mike (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Installation error on New RIS 1.5

(...) I had the same error trying to reinstall drivers of an ISDN card. You're lucky, since the only way I found to fix this problem was reinstalling W98, and to reinstall my ISDN card first (plug and play...). I checked on Microsoft knowledge base (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Installation error on New RIS 1.5

Re; ATI, I didn't find anything about Direct X problems on their site.. I'll look at MicroSoft. IsThere any contact at LEGO that should be advised of this type of install problem?? Maybe they would be ready for the Christmas-Morning Crash Rush... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)