 Robotics / 9124
Re: advice: which Mindstorms system?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:14:44 GMT

From: "Andreas Stabno" <stabno@megsinet.net>
Could someone advise me how to spend $400 on Mindstorms related products? • My
thoughts are to either shell out a little extra to purchase the Robotics
Invention System, Droid Developers Kit and Robotics Discovery Set, or to
simply buy two Robotics Invention Systems.

Personally I would buy the following:
* 1 RIS ($200)
* 1 Space Shuttle from Zany Brainy ($75)
* 1 Rotation Sensor and 1 light sensor ($25 for both?)
* A couple of the gear parts packs

The space shuttle gets you two extra motors, two switches, and a ton of
parts.  It is a much better deal then the accessory sets.

alex