 Robotics / 8926
Re: Web Interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:10:02 GMT

--- Peter Novotny <pe_mo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Has anybody done any browser interfacing of the RCX?
Like where you controll the RCX in real time through
browser - something similar to the JOYSTICK in the
RCX
command center program.

I remember several years ago someone did a
telepresence demo on a web page called Project
Mercury. The idea was that you were supposed to be
connected to an archaeological dig site on another
planet or some such and you could control the robot
doing the digging for five minutes every time you
logged on; at 1995 throughput speeds, that bought you
maybe eleven maneuvers with the web interface, and it
sent back pictures of what you'd dug up so you could
take a hack at solving the puzzle of what you were
digging out.

This sort of brings together a number of threads: the
upcoming Exploration Mars set (and whether or not it
comes with a camera) and my Project Spectre, to name
two. Now this, I think, is rather interesting...
anyone seeing some ideas here?

/Brian

=====