 Robotics / 8878
Re: FIRST and FLL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:34:46 GMT

<lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:991206095516GI.03185@weba4.iname.net...
I am involved with FIRST and FLL (FIRST Lego League) here in southern MI.
We use our FIRST team as mentors for our FLL teams (currently we have 9 teams
througthout the ISD).  I am going to talk to the kids about using CAD to
model their Lego robots (we currently use Auto CAD and Solid Works 3-D for
our FIRST robot).  This LDraw looks like it will work perfectly and I don't
think the learning curve will be too bad either.  Once we get some artwork,
we'll put it on the web and I'll update the group with our
URL.

Jeff,

Check out the lugnet.cad newsgroup (www.lugnet.cad via the web).  It's
dedicated to Lego CAD and is great place to get help, make suggestions, etc.
It's good to hear you will be introducing the FLL kids to LDraw.  I got to
watch the FLL competition in Chicago, and was impressed by the organization
and by the kids.

-John Van