 Robotics / 8877
Re: Two or more RCX:s?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:13:40 GMT

The easiest way to have two RCXs communicate is using the "send command"
feature in Lego RCX Code (I think that's what it's called--I only have one
RCX, so I haven't paid close attention to that feature). Essentially, it
transmits a number from 0 to 255. One RCX can send this number, and the
program on the other RCX can be triggered by the number to do different
things. Sounds very basic--but actually it's quite flexible. Hmmm. Think of
it like the "Go Codes" in Rainbow Six ...

The same features exist in NQC, etc.

--Doug Wilcox

WordSmith Digital Document Services
403 VFW Drive
Rockland, MA 02370

781-871-6162
fax 781-871-6264
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class