 Robotics / 8745
Re: IR tower Com Port Speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:24:31 GMT

Very unlikely. THe 2400 bd serial signals are 'NAND'ed to a 38kHz carrier
and the resulting signal is sent out via IR.

I think I read a description of the HW inside the Tower and the 38kHz
carrier freq. is basicly fix and not changeable. I think the IR routines in
the RCX are more flexible BUT the routines are in ROM.

Anybody contemplated how to give the RCX an IrDA transceiver? That would be
way cooler, as you can use your Palm/WinCE/Laptop AND utilize higher speeds.

Cheers

    Reimer