 Robotics / 8743
  IR tower timeout question

Hi guys, I am trying to build a java interface to legOS Lego Networking Protocol. Before everyone who doesn't have legOS 0.2.2 running closes this message the question doesn't really concern the final outcome :) Good, now the question is that I read (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR tower timeout question

My guess is that when the green light turns off in the tower, it is in power saving mode... But I think you still can get messages from the RCX. Phil michael yates a écrit : (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR tower timeout question

Nope. It will not receive anything when the tower goes off. Michael- I've been real busy, but if you look in the firmdl (fastdl now?) code, you'll see that there is a "keepalive" function that tests for tower awareness somehow (don't remember the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)