 Robotics / 8567
Re: Lead warning for people who solder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:09:36 GMT

Thanks for the safety tip. Most people, including myself, don't take the
time to be safe like they should. If just one mishap is averted by
taking safety precautions, all the extra time is well worth it.

I have spent quite a lot of time working with projects involving the
modification of plastics so I would like to add a couple more safety
reminders.

[1] Make sure that you are in a well ventilated area when using glues
and epoxies. "Super Glue" vapors will attach to eyes and other mucus
membranes.

[2] If cutting or shaping plastic, like with a Dremmel tool, always were
eye protection. About a year ago, I was hollowing out a plastic brick
with a Dremmel tool and a piece flew up and cut my face about one cm
from my eye. I became a believer in eye protection.

Robert Eddings