 Robotics / 8523
Re: Radio shack basic electronics book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:47:14 GMT

The current Y2K catalog is about a third of an inch
thick and hits the table with a satisfying thump, but
there's less substance in there than ever

I recently obtained a commercial catalog from RadioShack.  It's a little over
an inch thick and offers quite a bit more than I realized that RadioShack
carried.  It doesn't beat out Digi-Key for special component parts but has
MUCH more in the way of kits and projects.  The other nice aspect is that it's
all full color glossy pictures with descriptions.  It generally provides more
information than a Digi-Key type of catalog does and would probably serve as a
nice bridge between the consumer level electronics buyer and the hardcore
electronics buff who knows exactly what he needs.  Unfortunately, the catalog
just came to me at work and I don't remember if I actually requested it off of
a website somewhere or if they just got my name from a mailing list.  The
online order page listed is the standard www.radioshack.com and the commercial
order line is (800) 442-7221.  You could probably request a catalog from one
of these locations - mine is catalog # C899.

Good Luck,
Zac Pollock