 Robotics / 8480
    Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Jonathan Perret
   (...) Aaargh ! I hate it when I read 'just go to Radio Shack'. For me it would involve several thousand kilometers. Here in France electronics/parts shops are hard to come by, and there is definitely not a single brand that is as ubiquitous as Radio (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Alors! (was Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx) —Robert Munafo
   Jonathan, I would suggest finding amateur (ham) radio operators near you and asking what book they recommend and how they got it. Here is an extensive list of web pages belonging to French amateur radio operators: (URL) operators with call letters (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)