 Robotics / 8540
8539  |  8541
Subject:
Alors! (was Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:53:20 GMT

Jonathan,

I would suggest finding amateur (ham) radio operators near you and asking what
book they recommend and how they got it. Here is an extensive list of web pages
belonging to French amateur radio operators:

  http://asso.nordnet.fr/f5kcv/radio03.htm

All operators with call letters beginning FA, FB or F1 through F9 have a
license under French jurisdiction, so they are the ones to check first. (As far
as I can tell, the twelve prefixes do not correspond to 12 regions of France)
There are so many web pages to search through that you're probably best off
finding two or three that live in your general area of the country and sending
them e-mail.

- Robert Munafo                             www.mrob.com

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Jonathan Perret) writes:
[...] Here in France electronics/parts shops are hard to come by,
and [our] consumer electronics shops, [have never] heard of a 10k resistor.
[...]