 Robotics / 8216
Re: **** the Scout ****
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:12:01 GMT

For an extra light sensor, I'd suggest going with a completely passive
approach.  One really cheap way is to use a CdS cell, which is essentially
a resistor that varries depending on incident light.

I think that the CdS the best way to go also.  I have the LEGO light sensor
circuit on a page: http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/light.htm .  It is
hard for me to believe that the LEGO light sensor works well enough to be
useful in passive mode.  I think people were looking at this sensor for the
Cybermaster which only has passive mode inputs and found it barely worked.
If you need information about CdS sensors see:
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/cds.htm
Mike G.