 Robotics / 8194
Re: Code Pilot / PIC interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:59:21 GMT

Niinikoski Juha wrote in message
<6FA58B03A836D111977F0060B068FAFD032FE5DB@nts1>...
Last night I made a small test with PIC16F84 controller. I "graphically
copied" few Code Pilot bar code patterns into my test program and made
proper timing loop to be able to emit these codes with red LED. With no
difficulties I got Code Pilot understand these synthesized bar codes. Now
the question.

In recording mode Code Pilot plays sound effects real time but motor • control
is not possible. I mean when you e.g.. read motor forward code motor does
not start in program mode. Does anyone know if there is a way to get Code
pilot to respond immediately to what ever (motor control)  control code is
read ?

So far there seems to be no way, except for this:

Program the CP using the regular bar code card, to drive its motor with
speed determined by the 'wheel'.
So whle running the program, the motor will be still unless the CP receives
any pattern of pulsating light.
Now, if you send a bar code from the Scout to the CP (for example by pushing
motor C on the IR remote control), the CP will repsond directly by running
its motor. It will not distinguish between directions however.

See
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/robo

Eric
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: