 Robotics / 8128
Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:23:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Maneesh Soni) writes:
Hi!

I got a RIS 1.0 in October. I called up Lego Consumer affairs to ask for an
update kit for $3.95. They said it is only possible if I had bought from
S@H.

They also say that it is available to only those lego RIS which have a
sticker on the box. The sticker is about the free upgrade thing...I am not
sure exactly.

Moreover, if there is no sticker (as on my box as the shopkeeper had an old
stock) then the entire box is to be shipeed to S@H and they will mail the
RIS1.5. I have to pay the cost of shipping to the S@H.
I am not sure how much it is.

Does anyone have a better idea to get the upgrade kit... and not a
replacement....?

Maneesh,

I think that it depends mostly on who you speak with at Lego.  Per Rick's
instructions, I called Lego customer service last night to order the upgrade.
The person that I spoke with had to seek out a manager to figure out how to
handle it and she then referred me to S@H.  She did not transfer me or "mark"
me as an upgrade customer - she just gave me the number and said to call S@H.
The person at S@H was familiar with the $25 upgrade but she also had to find a
manager to get the $3.95 deal.  My RIS was purchased on September 25 but did
not have the 1.5 sticker.  There was never any mention of sending in the box
or requiring more proof than my word.  I also ordered some additional parts
and if all goes well I should have them in a few days (yeah, I payed for 2 - 4
day delivery).

Good luck with yours,
Zac Pollock