 Robotics / 8126
    Re: tracking robot position —Philippe Jadin
   Using two rotation sensors should do the job nicely, at a higher cost however. But you can connect them directly to the RCX. About that : did anyone build a reliable (and cheaper) rotation sensor replacement? Why not using a lego wheel with holes (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: tracking robot position —Vlad Dumitrescu
     (...) My initial thought was to use an old discarded mouse, at cost 0... ;-) (...) There are some of those, using optic fibre from the Extreme Creatures kit, for example. /Vlad (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: tracking robot position —Robert Munafo
   This isn't suitable for Vlad's original problem, but I do want to point out that motors can be adapted as cheap rotation sensors (actually rotational velocity sensors, which is the first deriviative of what a normal rotation sensor gives you) by (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)