 Robotics / 7968
7967  |  7969
Subject:
Controlling LEGO-robots through the Internet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 10:28:40 GMT

Hello,

Some days ago we started a lego-group consisting of four people, we are all
LEGO-robot newbies. Besides building a functional robot, which still is in
an experimental fase, we would like to be able to control this specific
robot through the Internet. Users from all over the world must be able to
control the robot while it performs a different set of tasks, while the user
is receiving a live videofeed (by our webcam) of the robot and its
surroundings.
We've already got some vague ideas about how to achieve this goal, but we
need some more specific details. That's where you could help, we're on the
lookout for people who have some experience with "web-controlled" robots and
all knowledge that comes with it. Your help will be appreciated! Thanks.

Thomas Perik, 3rd grade student Communication Systems in Utrecht, The
Netherlands.