 Robotics / 7904
Re: C++
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:09:09 GMT

Tony,
If you want to write in C++ to control the RCX from your computer you have
two options. You can call the spirit.ocx from C++ just like visual basic
does. Or you can write the commands directly to the serial port. It sounds
like you are just starting out so calling the spirit.ocx would probably be
the easiest. There was an article on using Visual C++ and Spirit.OCX in the
August issue of Dr. Dobbs magazine. I don't know if they have the article
on-line.
good luck,
Mike

ts <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Are there any proper C++ libraries for use with the RCX?

It's just that I've been using it Uni heaps, so I'm kinda getting into it,
AND I just got the windows GUI C++ libraries with a text book, so I was
interested in writing like a remote control thing/command consol for my
robots... and seeing how I have the C++ libraries for windows, and I don't
know VB, I was thinking if somebody has written something like NQC, but as
classes which I can call routines like OnFwd in NQC...

Thanx

Tony

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: