 Robotics / 7620
Re: Need Balls!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:48:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jack Gregory writes:
You get 5 balls with the FLL extension set, but the contest uses up to 30
per team, and we are trying to simulate a contest.  Of particular interest
is whether the bins will get full and start overflowing.

The balls are about 1.5 inches in diameter, and are soft foam, very
Nerf-like.

No, hadn't.  And color is probably not an issue.  Let's see, I think have I
a ping pong ball kicking around here...
Yes!  Halex Ultra 3 (I was a pro ponger).  Hmm.  Size is almost EXACTLY the
same.  Certainly good for overflow testing.  Weight -- whoa!  Almost exactly
the same.  Very, very cool.

Don't know if this will help in any way.  I happen to have a Pisco-Dacta
catalog in front of me (gonna put in an order) and under Tools and Supplies,
they have some sponge balls.  The ones I see here are 3" lightweight foam
balls.  Color Vary.  N714016 $1.15  That's all it really says.  Not how many
or anything like that.  Might be worth calling them.  Their number is 1-800-
362-4308

Have fun.

peace
ToDD Bertschi