 Robotics / 7581
  RE: Wot no RCX power connector?

(...) Ah, that explains those people talking about easily wiping the memory by pulling the AC adapter out - the old RCX lost everything immediately, right? The new one claims to (and seems to, but I haven't timed it) retain its memory for up to a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Wot no RCX power connector?

(...) It beeps just before it runs out of juice - sadly my batteries keep running low when the RCX is in off mode. I'm right now working on making a set of dummy batteries/internal 9v AC connection. The bottom end of the RCX would easily allow a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wot no RCX power connector?

(...) Only if the RCX was "on" at the time. If the RCX is "off" then power usage is reduced to a trickle, supplying power only to maintain the data in RAM, and in this state the RCX can survive for upwards of a minute or more, even with no batteries (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)