 Robotics / 7362
Re: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:31:24 GMT

Erik-
I have just completed a RL project using legOS, and a class in the
Computer Science department here which I am TAing for is due to all submit
a set of RL projects by the end of this week. Unfortunately, I'm also
swamped with other work, so I can't post many details tonight. If you want
to mail me privately about the details of what you want to learn, or wait
a week or so, i can post many details, including the problems (which are
many.) and the joys (which are also many- I was doing a dance in the lab
last week when something worked, and there is a bot about 6 feet behind me
which is sucessfully learning to push a trailer as we speak. -Luis

P.S. I'll be posting lots of pictures, code, explanations, and maybe even
video ASAP for the group's perusal.

P.P.S. NQC is great, but you need a large matrix for RL, and for that
legOS is your only choice. Take a look at www.noga.de/legOS/ for more
info on that. Good luck...