 Robotics / 7367
RE: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 02:12:07 GMT

P.P.S. NQC is great, but you need a large matrix for RL, and for that
legOS is your only choice. Take a look at www.noga.de/legOS/ for more
info on that. Good luck...

My prompt and humble apologies for forgetting Forth, yet again :) That
would also give you the necessary capabilities, though Ralph would have
to speak to it's speed when doing (literally) tens of thousands of
mathematical operations.

Ha, and it wasn't even me that reminded you this time...

Seriously, I am exchanging emails with someone who is doing an AI project
using pbFORTH. He claims the thinking time is a bit slow, but I don't
know enough about the project to make a guess as to why.

I'm wating for his permission to forward the discussion to the pbFORTH
group which has been ominously quiet for a few months now...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com