 Robotics / 7354
    Texas Legomaniacs Unite! —Mark Lindsey
   If you live in Texas or even the surrounding states please post here. I am trying to find out if there is a Texas group, if so where in the state are they active, and if not then how many are interested in starting one. I am in the Bryan/College (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Texas Legomaniacs Unite! —Joel Shafer
   Check out the newsgroup lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw There have been several people from the houston and austin areas that have recently mentioned that they would like to get together over the Y2K holidays. (...) Joel Shafer joel@connect.net (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Erik Zempel
   Hello, allow me introduce myself to the list. My name is Erik Zempel, I'm a Junior at the University of Michigan in the Computer Engineering department. Two friends and I are hoping to to get some funding for a research project involving (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Alex Wetmore
     I don't think that NQC by itself will handle your needs. I am not an AI expert (pretty much skipped all AI classes in college), but I expect that would need a decent amount of memory to remember which behaviors have been reinforced. NQC works on top (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Luis Villa
   Erik- I have just completed a RL project using legOS, and a class in the Computer Science department here which I am TAing for is due to all submit a set of RL projects by the end of this week. Unfortunately, I'm also swamped with other work, so I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Luis Villa
   (...) My prompt and humble apologies for forgetting Forth, yet again :) That would also give you the necessary capabilities, though Ralph would have to speak to it's speed when doing (literally) tens of thousands of mathematical operations. -Luis (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Ha, and it wasn't even me that reminded you this time... Seriously, I am exchanging emails with someone who is doing an AI project using pbFORTH. He claims the thinking time is a bit slow, but I don't know enough about the project to make a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Luis Villa
   Please let the rest of us know as well, Ralph- I'm very interested in any type of AI stuff on the Mindstorms. As a "quick" note, our projects (using something called Q learning if anyone out there knows the terminology) involve doing roughly (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Declaring variables (almost any number of them) in pbFORTH is like this: VARIABLE FOO Fetching and storing is like this: 23 FOO ! ( this stores the value ) FOO @ ( this fetches the value ) Values are 16 bit integers - 32 bit doubles use a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)