 Robotics / 7280
    RE: LEGO robotics dis'd in CACM Forum. —Jeffrey Hazen
   Frankly, I love the fact that the Lego system is a toy. I play with real mechanical and electrical systems all day long professionally, and I'm lucky, I enjoy my job. But the Lego parts on my workbench make me smile. Giggle, sometimes.... Sure, if (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: LEGO robotics dis'd in CACM Forum. —Luis Villa
     (...) I have to second that. Despite all the problems we are currently having because of the HW limitiations (which are many) I have never seen fellow college students so excited (in a classroom:) as when we had 15 opening their RIS kits about a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: LEGO robotics dis'd in CACM Forum. —Jacob Schultz
     (...) I think the gratest strengths of LEGO robotics (and LEGO in general) is that it works with you, not against you. It's easy to make things fit 'cause you don't have to drill holes and insert skrews. LEGO helps you keep your mind on what you (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: LEGO robotics dis'd in CACM Forum. —Jacob Schultz
   (...) I agree with this. I think that LEGO is probably one of the best tools for trying out ideas too. It is fast build and easy to modify - nothing beats that. Jacob (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)