 Robotics / 7211
Re: Firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:45:05 GMT

Check the 9V battery in the tower, and check the position of the RCX in
relation to the tower--for the firmware download only, it seems to need to
be at about the same level and pretty close together. In one of my projects,
a "trambot," the program--not firmware--download and Test Panel operations
worked flawlessly, but a re-download of firmware (after removing and
recharging the RCX batteries) required me to reposition the robot.

Hope that helps.

--Doug Wilcox
-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Gombos <gombos@ne.infi.net>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Monday, October 04, 1999 1:33 PM
Subject: Firmware

My firmware will not download to the brick under any windows program I
have including The origonal lego one. I have tried about 7 different
ways, but it only counts up to about 200 until it starts to retransmit.
I put it in a perfectly dark room and it still does it. It says that it
cannot communicate with the RCX. What is wrong?