 Robotics / 7165
Re: R2-D2 Obsession (was Re: What about the Micro Scout?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:09:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Roger D. Parks writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Nick Taylor writes:
This thread about R2-D2 has been both interesting and informative.
Now I would like to see an informal poll about the DDK ...

1) Don't buy it.
2) Buy only one.
3) Buy two to get a complete head and extra parts.
4) Whatever else comes to mind.

In any case...option (3), right after I get the second RIS.

Hmmm...  I've already got my third RIS (and one RDS) and I still have
absolutely no urge to go get the DDK.

Am I missing something?  Artoo's cool and everything, but really???

Not a True Believer, eh?

<grin>

Serious answer is that 'damnperfectionist' is one word -and- describes
both myself and my Lady-Wife.  Since we have a history together that goes
back to the first days of ANH, I guess this is just the current manifestation
of that.  <shrug>  Besides, I cannot say that I like the 'unfinished' look
to the half-dome head that the DDK delivers.

Cheers,

Roger