 Robotics / 7154
RE: R2-D2 Obsession (was Re: What about the Micro Scout?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:10:14 GMT

When you think about, the Star Wars movies easily be about R2-D2 rather than
the humans..  He's in every one and saves the day usually at the risk of
injuring himself in every movie..

He'll be the main reason I'll be getting the Scout if I do.

-----Original Message-----
From: The WordMeister [mailto:dwilcox@wordsmithdigital.com]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 8:45 AM
To: Lego Robotics List
Subject: R2-D2 Obsession (was Re: What about the Micro Scout?)

Okay, I understand your obsession with R2. Actually, he always was my
favorite _Star Wars_ character--I even went trick-or-treating as him (with
an elaborate--and heavy--cardboard-constructed costume) for two years in a
row in late elementary school.

The little guy is brave, resourceful, determined, heroic, loyal,
trustworthy, ... the list goes on and on.

My first reaction on seeing the DDK ad was,
"Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (or something
equivalent), and it was only when I read the fine print that I became
somewhat disappointed. If I had more disposable income, I'd probably get two
DDKs as well ... but only _after_ I bought another RIS. :)

--Doug Wilcox