 Robotics / 709
708  |  710
Subject:
2 speed automatic transmission challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:39:09 GMT

Based on this design, http://www.sonic.net/~rci/transmission.htm
can you come up with a 2 speed automatic transmission.
I did and its really useful. Some modifications were made to the
transmission but it is basically the same. Additional 1/2 bushings
near the worm gear give it faster shifting.

Here are some specs:

1) When it goes up an incline, it shifts to low gear.
2) On flat and downhill, it is in HIGH gear.
3) Use the RCX, 1 motor, and 1 touch sensor, gears and various legos...

Good luck.
Dave :-)