 Robotics / 7076
Re: Are any other Photobot II pictures availalbe? Suctionbot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:33:50 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (The WordMeister) writes:
I too have been fascinated by the suctionbot (as seen in the MindStorms
opening movie). It uses a somewhat intricate geared "walking" mechanism for
the suction-cup movement--I'd expect it would be quite a bit more
challenging than the photobot. After a number of tries (and hours), I
finally got a 6-legged walking mechanism to work. Everything I've built has
taught me something useful about design and engineering--even my very first
robot--which shook itself completely to pieces in less than 10 seconds.

I'll keep my eyes open for you for pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have a
digital camera myself, or I'd have some items (like the bumper) documented
for you. One of these days ...

I'd also be interested in any info anyone can dig up on the suction-bot.  I
have the walking mechanism down, it's the suction action that's causing me
problems.  Pneumatics could work, but I've having problems with
implementation.

peace
---T