 Robotics / 7061
    Re: 5VDC Voltage Regulation —Jacob Schultz
   (...) OK. What I was thinking of was that if a current flows through a coil, that be a relay, transformer or motor, the current can't change at an instant. If you break the circuit current will keep running through the coil for a short time. This (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 5VDC Voltage Regulation —Michael Gasperi
    Jacob Schultz <dungeonmaster@get2net.dk> wrote in message news:FIrMLo.H8K@lugnet.com... (...) A "freewheeling" diode is a good idea generally, but the RCX must already have diodes built into the driver IC. It has to turn on and off the motor (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 5VDC Voltage Regulation —Dennis Clark
   (...) You can't have the diodes on the motor because it goes in both directions. If you put a diode out there, you would have a dead short in one of the directions. Such things need to be built into the H-bridge, not the motor leads. So, I seriously (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)