 Robotics / 7038
Re: RIS 1.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:42:47 GMT

=>From: "Chris Phillips" <chris.phillips@computerboards.com>
=>...
=>Maybe they are referring to the new (?) connectors that come in the Robotics
=>Discovery Set.  The RDS comes with a kind of 3-stud friction pin that I've
=>never seen before.  It's like the normal black Technic 3-stud friction pin
=>except that one stud width is actually a collar that can accept the
=>end of an
=>axle.

No, they've had those for a while.  (At least as far back as the Giant
Model set -- 8277, which I just got for my birthday!)  The technica
registry (http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/t_contents.html) calls
them "friction snap with cross hole," and if I'm reading it right, it
appeared in 1996 or 1997.

d.