 Robotics / 7039
RE: RIS 1.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:47:59 GMT

These connectors are also included with one of the Throwbots.  I'm not sure
which one, because I've combined two of them, and I have sort of a 'Mech'
type thing on my desk, but it came from either 'Amazon' or 'Turbo'.  I think
it was Turbo.

And the $5.95 for a Throwbot has got to be cheaper than anything else...

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Phillips [mailto:chris.phillips@computerboards.com]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 03:34 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: RIS 1.5

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Miller writes:
ryan r. <goofy173@NOSPAMnetzero.net> wrote:
http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/ris_upgrade.html

I wonder what the "special new connector pieces" will be. They'll have to • be
pretty impressive to get me to upgrade, since the rest of it is of minimal
interest to me.

Maybe they are referring to the new (?) connectors that come in the • Robotics
Discovery Set.  The RDS comes with a kind of 3-stud friction pin that I've
never seen before.  It's like the normal black Technic 3-stud friction pin
except that one stud width is actually a collar that can accept the end of • an
axle. (Sorry, I'm not in the presence of my Lego collection at the moment, • so
I can't snap a picture.)

If so, they look interesting, but not necessarily a compelling reason to • buy
an upgrade...