 Robotics / 6891
  Re: Code Repository

(...) As LDraw enthusiasts have discovered (via the lugnet.cad.dat.* hierarchy), having special newsgroups for these sorts of things really makes it nice to follow discussions that pop up as well, since they're simply lower-level nodes in the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Since many algorithms apply across languages, what about a single repository for all code? (How about lugnet.robotics.rcx.code?) True, it would increase the noise-to-signal ratio for many, but it would Keep It Simple. Also, I favor follow-ups (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Since many algorithms apply across languages, what about a single repository for all code? (How about lugnet.robotics.rcx.code?) True, it would increase the noise-to-signal ratio for many, but it would Keep It Simple. Also, I favor follow-ups (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Or perhaps a more general one sitting atop the others (integrationally or as a launching point). Because even when there's pseudocode for something, the actual implementation in, say, pbFORTH, may differ fundamentally from the implementation (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Code Repository

From: "Brian B. Alano" <alano@kiva.net> (...) I personally prefer to see implementations in a real language, but the language itself doesn't matter. It is pretty easy to translate algoritms from Pascal to C (to use a off-topic example), but it can (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) I agree. A room search algorithm implemented in legOS would be vastly different from one implemented in NQC. Sub-groups under lugnet.robotics.code seems appropriate. Joel Shafer joel@connect.net (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)