 Robotics / 6868
6867  |  6869
Subject:
Dual Differential Adder/Subtractor (again!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:42:37 GMT

Last night I built my own variant of the "Dual Differential
Adder/Subtractor" cliche, basing it on the Cyberia
<http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Surf/6112/lego/adj.html> "adjacent"
design (thanks a million, whoever you are -- there was no mailto: link on
the web page), modifying the cage length to simplify it's construction and
to fit my beams at hand...

So my next task will be to integrate this mechanism in with the rest of a
drivetrain.

Here's the question -- Have people had better luck with this type of
construct at the head of the drivetrain, with higher RPMs and lower torque,
or in the at the end, with higher torque and final drive?

thanks!

greg