 Robotics / 6732
Re: Sound
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 05:41:03 GMT

The answer I got was "its a firmware thing" -- not that its much of a
helpful answer (to me or to you).  A while ago I was really hoping to be
able to do the same thing... especially since setting the motor speed to be
dependent on the light sensor doesn't produce an easily visible feedback
since the new motors don't seem to change speed much.  I ended up using a
lego lamp for the experiment instead.

-Ben

Martin Thompson wrote:

I wanted to make the RCX make a certain pitched sound based on sensor
readings the other day (primarily the light sensor), however it appears
you can't make the frequency of the command equal to a variable.  Does
anyone know why this is and if there is any way around this problem?

Thanks,
  Marty.