 Robotics / 6790
Re: Sound
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:07:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Martin Thompson) writes:
I wanted to make the RCX make a certain pitched sound based on sensor
readings the other day (primarily the light sensor), however it appears
you can't make the frequency of the command equal to a variable.  Does
anyone know why this is and if there is any way around this problem?

I'm not sure this will help nor if anyone else said anything.  I haven't had
time to read through everything.  So I apologize for redunancy.

From the Pitsco/Dacta catalog there is something called a "Sound Element".
It's this little round piece the size of a 4x4 brick.  You attach it to any
powered port (i.e. motor) and it makes a wailing sound.  Reverse it and you
get a different pitch.  I'm not sure if it's tied to speed though.  I bought
it on a whim and tossed it in the bottom of my Lego Creation Pit.  I needed
the extra money for better shipping.  I think it's somewhere around $10 to
$15.  I think.  I can look it up later and let you know specifics.

---T

BUILD ON!