 Robotics / 6668
Re: Power Supply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:18:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com writes:
Hi

Can you power the RCX from a Wall Wart while the batteries are in it ?

The reason for this question is I find I spend a lot of time programming / • down
creation - all this uses battery power.

Hi,

Yes - should be OK - power connector disconnects the batteries when an
external PSU plugged in (assuming the plug fits the RCX properly!).

I guess there is a small risk of the firmware getting erased when plugging
in/out the external supply, but I haven't had that problem.

Kevin.