 Robotics / 6655
    Lego Calipers —Ben Williamson
   (...) Quite useful too - I used the 20t gear in my (very simple) calipers which are now on the web: (URL) Those 4-stud-long gear rack thingies have 10 teeth each, and I wanted to get close to one increment on the rotation sensor per stud of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Calipers —Robert Munafo
   (...) (actual URL is (URL) ) (...) Those calipers are pretty cool. It seems to me though you could get more precision, since the slop on the gears is a lot less than half a stud. The rotation sensor presents very little friction torque, so I imagine (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)