 Robotics / 656
  RE: gear differential

(...) check out (URL) for a nice device for controlling a tracked vehicle. I've modified it slightly to flatten it a layer and use a micromotor for the steering and a one of the motors from the Mindstorms set (a mini motor) for the power. Two mini (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: gear differential

(...) this is a fantastic device. i played with it today and build a new robot platform using it. i also flattened it by one layer, and i also make it one element wider (to make its width an even number, which makes it easier to work with). the main (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: gear differential

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, alex wetmore wrote: <snip> (...) Yes, there is some loss with all of those gears, but I think that it is a small price to pay for not having to worry about the vehicle veering off course because of a mismatch in motor speed due (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)