 Robotics / 6454
    r/c servos —John Barnes
   In response to the question about RC servos, I noted, while probing the signals on the I/O ports with a scope, that the motor power settings result in varying duty cycle square waves from 1:7 through 7:1 and finally full on as the parameter value (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: r/c servos —Greg Mrozek
     I love the idea of controlling an R/C servo with the RCX, but I don't think it is possible with only software. On the other hand, a relatively simple circuit could be made to convert a duty cycle to a R/C servo signal. Is anyone out there interested (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: r/c servos —Kekoa Proudfoot
     (...) It is a software-based PWM. The topic of controlling a servo with the RCX has been discussed before. Generating the pulse stream for a servo would not be too difficult with the RCX, assuming you program the H8 directly using e.g. LegOS or (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: r/c servos —Robert Munafo
   (...) If all you need to do is generate a pulse of a certain length, why can't you do something like this? Sleep(1); // synchronize with the centisecond timer Fwd(OUT_A, 7); Sleep(1); // 1/100 of a second Off(OUT_A); Sleep(2); // 2/100 of a second (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: r/c servos —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) The answer is pretty simple, actually. In order to control a servo, you need to use pulses whose lengths are on the order of 1-2 ms. The more steps you get in that range, the more servo positions you can use. NQC can't produce pulses as short (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)