 Robotics / 6452
  Droid Dev. Kit, reprise

Well, I've built a small "droid" from it now. And I have to admit, since it is a Technic kit, it was fun. It is only a little smarter than a Technic kit that only has a motor because of its programs (such as they are) and the light detector - but, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Droid Dev. Kit, reprise

(...) Well, A week or two back, when I was in Jacksonville, I had a nice conversation with a TRU store manager. He pulled up Mindstorms on his CRT and let me watch. Down at the bottom of the screen was a second something listed as 'RIS' (or (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Droid Dev. Kit, reprise

(...) They'll probably do what LEGO wants them to do. LEGO appears to be fairly inflexible and uncreative and will probably stick to their normal policy. LEGO's normal policy seems to be to tell the store it has been discontinued and allow the store (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)