 Robotics / 6434
RE: A piano player (and a conductor)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:21:27 GMT

I love it!  Now if only you could make the conductor flip pages of music...

JT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ferrari [mailto:mario.ferrari@edis.it]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 6:54 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: A piano player (and a conductor)

Months ago Anders Isaksson created a "Lego Brick programmable robot", a
simple
threaded vehicle that interpretes a "program" made of small bricks on a
plate
to decide where to go.

I transferred this concept to a musical contest. Actually my project
involves
two robots that work in team: a conductor, which reads the score, and a
performer, which plays an actual keyboard.

The performer has six fingers statically positioned on the keyboard, and a
polyphony limited to three notes (with some further constraints), so it will

definitely never play a Bach Suite... :-)

Anyway, you can get more info and see some pictures at:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/s15.html

Mario
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/