 Robotics / 6387
    Ideas for a RIS 2.0 —John Barnes
   More I/O ports would be handy. But a little ingenuity can expand on what is already provided. What cannot be expanded is the memory capacity of the RCX, or its processong flexibility. The idea of simply using the RCX as an interface between the I/O (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Ideas for a RIS 2.0 —Richard Earley
     (...) it could also connect multiple RCX in a chain to make a larger bot. Then you could use the USB for comms between RCXs and the RCX ir for comm with other bots/computer, proximity detection, etc... (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Ideas for a RIS 2.0 —Ray Sanders
     (...) An ideal solution would be an RCX that included the Harris PRISM chip-set. These chips allow you to get various data speeds between 1Mbps and 11Mbps depending on options chosen. Typical range is 100-300 ft indoors and 1000-3000+ feet outdoors (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Ideas for a RIS 2.0 —Ralph Hempel
   Ok, I just have to jump in here. This thread is a really good idea, and I hope that TLG monitors it...but I get the feeling that I'm hearing folks bemoan why they can't build something because of shortcomings in the RCX, and that's like not building (...) (25 years ago, 17-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)