 Robotics / 630
    RE: Direct control of IRDA —Eric Eilebrecht
   I don't think you can do it. They use different carrier frequencies, and slightly different signal timing. If you could get low-level control of the infrared transciever, you might be able to do it - but I'm guessing most PC IrDA ports are hardwired (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Direct control of IRDA —Matthew Bates
   (...) Well, I was thinking of using custom software, something that just downloads a program to the RCX over IrDA. It seems silly having to plug an IR tower into my notebook PC when it has a perfectly good IR transceiver on it. I guess it needs more (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)