 Robotics / 6246
Re: Lazy Tongs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Matt @ Medical Informatics
Consulting) writes:
Have you tried a variation on the rack-and-pinion steering design.  The
old "Expert" sets used it to some degree of success.

Basically this involves using a 8-tooth gear and some of the flat "gear"
plates.  The 8-tooth gear rotates and pulls a 1 by X platform underneath
it. This does take up a bit of room, but by pulling on both left and right
sides rather than the traditional style of using one fixed side and one
moving side.

Matt
matts@medinfoconsulting.com
medinfo@aros.net

Yeah, that was the first one I built.  It works, but not well.  I think it was
my design.  The "piston" kept moving left and right off the track.  I'm
rebuilding it now with an experimental design.  I may have to bite the bullet
and use it.  I'm just trying to open my options out a bit and get any other
designs.

Thanxs for the help though.
---T